It is no longer news that MTN Nigeria acquired Visafone, all Visafone sim are now powered by MTN after a successful acquisition by Africa’s largest telecom service provider MTN. Visafone users are expected to migrate manually to MTN network.
Visafone customer migration is a simple process of migration that allows all Visafone numbers work on the MTN network and function as a GSM service. Are an existing Visafone subscriber? Below are the important points about what to expect from the migration exercise;
- You will be able to use your Visafone line everywhere there is MTN network coverage
All Tarrif plan and data bundle will remain unique to Visafone
- You are not required to change your number. Your VISAFONE number will be retained on the MTN network
- The Migration process and New SIM Card are FREE of charge.
- Once migrated, you will not be able to use a Visafone recharge voucher. You will only be able to recharge with MTN vouchers using the code *555*voucher pin#.
- You will still be charged based on Visafone product and service tariff plans, remember you will retain your Visafone tariff and remains as Visafone line. Because Visafone was a CDMA network, you will need to replace your phone with a GSM phone (unless your old phone is compatible with both CDMA and GSM
- Your Visafone line should active on the MTN Network within 24 hours of migration
To Migrate Your Visafone Line
You need to visit any MTN Outlet or Visafone Retail shops nearest to you (you cannot send someone to do it), and provide the following:
- Duly filled Migration form (to be provided to customer on visit).
- An active VISAFONE MSISDN.
- Three (3) frequently dialled numbers.
- A Valid ID card – International Passport (Data Page), Driver’s license, National ID, Voters Card, etc.
- VISAFONE SIM or Starter Pack/kits (Optional).
- Last recharge and activation date (optional).
For more detail, log on to: www.visafone.com.ng/upgrade