1. Oatmeal If I could only choose one source of complex, starchy carbohydrates for afat loss program, this would be it! Oatmeal is the one carbohydrate foodthat virtually 100% of all bodybuilders and fitness models eat on a dailybasis. What makes it so great? Well, although it.s a starchy carbohydrate,oatmeal has a nice balance between carbs, protein and good fat.Use Quaker oats. Stay away from the sweetened and or flavored oatmealpackets. For variety, add diced apple or banana or walnut into it. For acomplete meal, add 1 scoop of Vanilla protein powder in your oatmeal.
2. Yams (and sweet potatoes) Right behind oatmeal, yams (and sweet potatoes) are probably my secondfavorite starchy carbohydrate. Flavorful, all-natural, low in calories, andpacked with nutrients and antioxidants like beta-carotene, it.s no wonderyams are a favorite carbohydrate among bodybuilders, fitness competitorsand health-seekers alike.Combine a piece of yam or sweet potatoe with a green veggie, a chickenbreast, lean red meat or fish, and you.ve got yourself a perfect fat-burning,muscle building, metabolism boosting meal. Prepare it boiled or baked andNOT friend.
3. Irish Potatoes (white or red) Potatoes meet every criteria of a great carbohydrate: potatoes are acomplex carb. They are all-natural. They contain fiber, vitamins andminerals. They are filling. They are low in calories.
4. Brown Rice Brown rice is another staple food of bodybuilders and fitness people. Youcan eat it all year round. Replace your white rice with brown rice.By the time you combine it with more greens (fibrous carbs), you wouldhave the perfect fat-burning meal for your breakfast or as lunch. You canget it to buy from your local superstore, health store or super market. Lookfor brown rice or basmati rice.
5. 100% whole wheat and whole grain productsThe .baseline diet. can and should contain a wide variety of bread productswith one condition: They must be made from 100% whole grains (and thelabel must say, .100% whole wheat. or .100% whole grain. as the firstingredient).Replace all white bread made of white flour with wheat bread. It is onlyallowed during a cheat meal.
6. Green fibrous vegetables (broccoli, green beans, lettuce, etc) Fibrous carbs are your number one choice for fat burning carbohydrates.Green vegetables, also known as fibrous carbs, hardly contain any calories(they have a low calorie density).
It.s impossible to overeat green vegetables. Eat them liberally and eat moreof them late at night. A diet of green vegetables combined with leanproteins is one of the best methods of losing weight and burning off bellyfat as quickly as possible.
7. Fresh FruitEat your fruits fresh and in season. NO fruit juices allowed. Fruits likeapples, peaches, grapefruits, and oranges are only 60-80 calories a piece (orless) so eat more of these. An all-fruit or mostly fruit diet won.t be aseffective for long-term fat loss as one that is mostly green fibrouscarbohydrates with lean protein
8. Skim milk & nonfat dairy products Dairy products. cover an entire category of foods including milk, cheese,yogurt, sugar free frozen yogurt, and cottage cheese. Choose skim milk, lowfat milk and dairy products.
9. Chicken Breast (and Turkey Breast) Chicken and turkey are the number one most popular protein sourcesamong bodybuilders and fat loss seekers. Remove the skin and get the lightmeat found in the breasts or chest. The thighs are higher in fat and calories.Naturally, your poultry should be boiled, broiled, grilled, or roasted andNOT fried.
10. Egg whites The secret formula for a fat-burning, muscle-building nutrition is to eat alean protein with every meal.Egg whites have ZERO fat and ZERO cholesterol because 100% of the fat isfound in the yolks, so you can eat as many as 6 . 8 egg whites if you like.Egg whites together with chicken breast are the ideal .lean. protein source.They are actually a super-high quality protein. So you can remove the yolkfor your kids or whomsoever (its more beneficial to them). But this doesnot mean that you cannot eat egg yolks because I myself I love them. I.drecommend one yolk for every six whites.
11. Fish and shellfish Many people complain about the lack of variety in a bodybuilding-style fat burningdiet, which typically has you eating egg whites, tuna and chickenday in, day out.But this has been solved by you eating all manner and types and seaproducts like shrimp, crab, lobster, mussels, etc. By the way, when you.reeating in restaurants, fish is a great choice, as long as you make sure thereare no hidden bad fats or extra calories.
12. Lean red meat Red meat is high in protein, B-12, iron and creatine. The problem with mostcuts of red meat is the high fat content. So choose the leanest cuts of meatwith NO visible fat on them. Please erase all those different parts of cow meat and game meat from your mind and lifestyle.